Applied Systems, Inc.
Applied Systems (“APPLIED”) remains committed to maintaining the privacy of nonpublic personal information that is provided to us by our Customers, and of course, we must conform to all applicable laws intended to protect such data. This Privacy Statement describes the manner in which we may use the nonpublic personal information that our customers provide to us concerning themselves (“Customer Information”) as well as their clients’ nonpublic personal information (“Client Information”). Furthermore, this Privacy Statement explains our use and treatment of Non-Identifiable Information obtained from you. APPLIED reserves the right to modify this Privacy Statement.
Non-Identifiable Information Obtained From Customer or Client Information
As described in Applied Systems' Privacy Statement (as amended from time to time), Applied Systems may obtain copies of or gain access to Customer Information and Client Information through various means and opportunities, including through the storage of such data on Applied Systems' computers as part of this ASP deployment. Applied Systems may compile, extract, or modify this data such that the source of the Customer Information or Client Information cannot be identified, thus rendering it as "Non-Identifiable Data." To the extent allowed by law and the Privacy Statement (as amended from time to time), Applied Systems may use Non-Identifiable Data: (a) for internal purposes (e.g., improving its products and services) and/or (b) to create statistical or benchmarking data to share internally and with its customers base, prospect base, and third parties (e.g., adding a marketing statement like “Our Applied Online customers process an average of “x” amount of automobile polices in the Applied Online environment.” to Applied Systems’ website). Use of Customer Information or Client Information to develop Non-Identifiable Data shall be on a royalty-free basis, and Applied Systems shall own all right, title, and interest in the compiled Non-Identifiable Data.
- APPLIED will only use Customer Information that is not converted to Non-Identifiable Data to the extent needed to deliver customer service and administer our business.
- APPLIED will only use Non-Identifiable Data to the extent stated above. However, we may inform you of offers or opportunities from companies we believe can provide you with products and services in which you may be interested. APPLIED may provide general information to these third parties such as name, relative size, address, general phone numbers, and general e-mail addresses. We will require that these third parties keep this information confidential and not to disclose it to other third parties.
- APPLIED may share information about you to a third party if necessary to fulfill contractual commitments we have to you. For example, if an agency is identified as an upload/download partner of a particular insurance carrier, we may inform that carrier of the version of software you are utilizing, so that they may communicate the correct data formats with you.
- If you request that APPLIED assist you, and APPLIED utilizes third parties to fulfill such request(s), you are authorizing APPLIED to release any information to such third parties that APPLIED believes is necessary to satisfy your request(s).
- APPLIED requires persons or third parties who provide services on our behalf to keep Customer Information confidential and to use it only to provide the services we’ve asked them to perform.
- APPLIED will use reasonable security measures in order to maintain the confidentiality of Customer Information.
- Only APPLIED’s authorized employees and third parties who are bound in writing to protect the confidentiality of our Customer Information will be permitted to have access to your Client Information.
- In the event APPLIED shares Client Information with any third parties, those third parties will be obligated to protect the confidentiality of the Client Information, which may only be used by those third parties to the extent necessary for that third party to perform the services requested by APPLIED.
- APPLIED does not sell or give away Client Information, except to the extent it has been rendered Non-Identifiable Data.
- APPLIED will use reasonable security measures required by state and/or federal law (to the extent it is applicable to APPLIED): (1) to insure the security and confidentiality of Client Information; (2) to protect against any anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of such Client Information; and (3) to protect against unauthorized access to or use of such Client Information that could result in substantial harm to any client.
Last Updated: September 29, 2013